Yesterday I finished the trousers I had been working on for a while. They are based on revision 3 of the classic trouser pattern and I made this pair in linen.
Yes, linen. The stuff that wrinkles when you merely look at it, but it feels so good on your skin and it's nice and cool in the summer.
As I mentioned in our anniversary post, I've jotted down some things that should be improved on the pattern as I was making these, and that's what I'll be working on next. However, I wanted to put up some pictures so that you could see what it looks like.
Although there's certainly room for improvement, I'm moderately happy with the result. The fit is good, and all the obvious problems with it are due to my own mistakes (like making the welt pockets too narrow) rather than problems with the pattern.
It's also the first time that I invest so much time into the lining of trousers, but it really makes them super nice to wear, so I intend to also add all the lining parts to the pattern.
Below are some more pictures that show you the good and the bad.
MakeMyPattern.com is a work in progress. You are currently using revision 62 of our code, it's 596 days old